vhrr.com Forums  
Old 20-10-2008, 10:09 PM

Default AGP Calder 1980 - 1984

Hi all,
I was still in primary school when the AGP was held at Calder starting with AJ's win in the Williams FW07 and through to all of the Moreno wins in the Ralt RT4's. I am trying to find anyone who may have recorded any of the races when they were televised. Channel 7 appear to have gotten rid of it all. Any snippets would be appreciated.
Old 22-10-2008, 04:45 PM

Hi there

I don't have any video footage - my best excuse is that I wasn't living here then! However, if you don't already have it, search for a copy of the outstanding book called : Australian Grand Prix - The 50-Race History.

It is a comprehensive, well-written and nicely presented story of all the races up to and including 1985 - including detailed results of each meeting.

These books appear from time to time on eBay (you will need to set up a search and get it to email you all new listings containing the key words that you specify) and/or phone around the second hand bookshops.

Good luck with your search.

If you do locate any video footage, please could you post here or pm me to let me know where it can be obtained from.
Old 27-10-2008, 09:00 AM

Thanks for your reply I have had this book since new in 1986 and two years ago was lucky enough to get is signed by Warwick Brown, John Mc Cormack, Kevin Bartlett, Alfie Costanzo, John Goss, John Davison etc. The vids are what I'm really after so I can convert to digital and post on youtube etc. An important part of Aus racing history that appears to have been lost.
Old 27-10-2008, 12:41 PM

Smile AGP Group A support races

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan CARRIG View Post
Hi all,
I was still in primary school when the AGP was held at Calder starting with AJ's win in the Williams FW07 and through to all of the Moreno wins in the Ralt RT4's. I am trying to find anyone who may have recorded any of the races when they were televised. Channel 7 appear to have gotten rid of it all. Any snippets would be appreciated.
Hi Rohan,
I too would be interested in the footage as I beleive my Group A touring car was in the support races.
I'm also trying to find AGP Adelaide Group A footage from the 1980 & 90's, if anyone has some....

thanks,
Big Rev Nev Butler
Old 28-10-2008, 09:44 AM

Nev,
which car is your Group A? I will have a look through some of my old tapes, I know I've got the Sandown 500 from 1991 my dad ran one of Bob Jones' Walkinshaw VL's. I also have some of GP's from that period but I think most of it is the F1's. Will go through it anyway.

Rohan
Old 28-10-2008, 01:48 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan CARRIG View Post
Thanks for your reply I have had this book since new in 1986 and two years ago was lucky enough to get is signed by Warwick Brown, John Mc Cormack, Kevin Bartlett, Alfie Costanzo, John Goss, John Davison etc. The vids are what I'm really after so I can convert to digital and post on youtube etc. An important part of Aus racing history that appears to have been lost.
That is awesome - what a fantastic collection of autographs for your book. I think that your edition is now probably worth about four times what mine is!

Take care
Peter
Old 31-10-2008, 04:34 PM

Nev have a look on https://www.racing-underground.com has

"1985.Gp.A.Race.1.AGP.DIVX.CH9.English Saturday GpA race from the 1985 Australian Grand Prix meeting. Also contains a mini review of the 1985 GpA season. Featured a one off appearance of Gerhard Berger driving a BMW. Commentators Murry Walker and Allan Moffat. " https://www.racing-underground.com/i...id=4145&view=1

Just realised this is a bit of a bum steer ... no one is seeding this ... but maybe worthwhile to send a message to the uploader he may still have the file.

Darryl
Old 03-11-2008, 11:19 AM

Smile Thanks Guys

Hi Dazza and Rohan CARRIG,
I tried the links but no good, if you and anyone else has any period footage of the Group A support races I'd like a copy.

Come by and visit at the Sandown Historics, we are running the Mustang.

Thanks again,
Big Rev Nev (Butler)

Last edited by Big Rev Nev; 03-11-2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
Old 11-11-2008, 06:47 PM

Default AGP Tapes

hi everyone,
this is my first post!! Anyways i noticed your thread and recently i've been working on a few ideas in order to raise some money for my racing in 2009. As we know it costs alot of money and the offer i have is very good so im doing all i can. Now to the point! Ive been recently getting my dads tapes together and am in the process of finding everything and getting them all professionally put onto DVD with a sleave and everything. The best tapes ive found so far has:

. 1983 AGP Calder (Roberto Mereno win)
. 1983 Aus F1 rnd 2 Lakeside (John Smith, Alf Costanzo first corner crash)
. 1983 Aus F1 rnd 2 races Calder
. 1983 A.I.R Aus f1 race (Bowe,Costanzo,Cesario ect.)

and ive found 2 or 3 F2 races from Amaroo and Oran Park with dad and peter glover and i found a Group A race from A.I.R, i think its 83 with the 635ci BMW and brock in an mobil commodore, dick johnson ect.

I was looking to sell them at around the 80 to 90$ as a package all professionally done. As you can well understand the footage is not DVD quality but the tapes are better then expected!!

If you guys are interested, let me know, and if you know any of the fellas who have these cars and would be interested please spread the word and email me at tmacrow@hotmail.com

cheers Tim Macrow
Old 11-11-2008, 06:55 PM

Default AGP Tapes

i forgot to mention that im told there is more out in the garage so im sure ill find more years over the coming weeks!

Tim