vhrr.com Forums  

Go Back   vhrr.com Forums > Groups C&A

Old 05-06-2013, 08:14 PM

Default Lakeside,

Your thoughts/comments.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:13 PM

Been to Queensland once allready this year, If time permits and the shoulder comes good, I might be up for a laugh
Old 06-06-2013, 09:46 PM

I understand the time bit, but what's up with the shoulder?
Old 07-06-2013, 11:59 PM

Too many birthdays,
One tendon totally gone, one partialy torn and burstitis just for good measure. Aparently the one that's completly gone is an old injury, and I didn't even know.

I only asked the Physio about the shoulder when I was in there getting my achillies looked at because I couldn't walk for a couple of days.

On the up side, I now know what the inside of an MRI machine looks like, and I'll give you the tip Dave, they aint made to fit us big units real easy. I thought she was going to have to grease the bloody thing to get me out.

I have to see the Doc next week to see if we can give it a jab to help it repair, Failing that it may be a knife job.
Will know more in the comming weeks.

Cheers
Old 08-06-2013, 08:38 PM

Have just got most of the car back together, plan is to test it next weekend at the island and all going well are planning to make the trip north. Regards Jeff
Old 10-06-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Woollard View Post
On the up side, I now know what the inside of an MRI machine looks like, and I'll give you the tip Dave, they aint made to fit us big units real easy. I thought she was going to have to grease the bloody thing to get me out.

I have to see the Doc next week to see if we can give it a jab to help it repair, Failing that it may be a knife job.
Will know more in the comming weeks.

Cheers
I've been in an MRI machine and yes, they are tight. I have a partial denture plate that is a metal base. I've been warned to remove it as the MRI machine's magnetic field is so strong it would rip my face apart trying to get them out.
My 82 year old dad had a shoulder problem last year and was headed for the knife for a replacement. He got told about Lypronol (Spelling???) tablets and can now raise his arm above his head pain free for the first time in years. It took a month or two to work, but he swears by it. I'd be trying that before the knife if I were you.

Back to the racing bit. I have 3 engines and all of them are in various states of assembly in my garage at the moment. I should have at least one of them ready in time for Lakeside though.
Old 17-06-2013, 05:13 PM

Dave,

Spoke to the surgeon today and he wants to repair the broken tendon and fix all the other shit at the same time.

Will see me out of action for about 6 weeks for any serious stuff
Old 17-06-2013, 08:50 PM

Been through that twice now and was back playing soccer 6 weeks after the first one and 4 weeks after the second one. Just have to time it right to fit between race meetings. The first week or so is a little uncomfortable but you'll be right.
I scored some accommodation at Chermside which is about 25 mins from the track, I just need some engine bits to arrive now.
Old 19-06-2013, 07:29 PM

Submitted my entry via the "MEE" system and found it to be quite easy, what did you guys think?
Old 19-06-2013, 07:35 PM

Default MEE race entry

I've entered a couple of AASA events via MEE - it's pretty simple and straight forward.