vhrr.com Forums  
Old 17-01-2008, 12:54 PM

Default Toron

I am wanting some history, pics, etc of the home built car #8 'Toron", raced by Kerry Luckins at Lakeland, Rob Roy and Winton in the '60's. I believe it held the record at Lakeland hill climb for a while.

Can anyone assist, many thanks

Daryl
Old 17-01-2008, 11:07 PM

Arrow 1960's images

Hi Darryl,

Contact David Blanch at 0407869680 or e: info@autopics.com.au
He has the programmes and negatives for the events you mentioned.

I have a copy of his proof sheets for that period, but no ref's to match your name of the entries.

We are using the proofs to search our own "little history project" on the 48-215 (FX) racers from the early 1960's. Once we find the images we want, we then get David to arrange prints from the negs.

Perhaps post a images on the forum to help others.
Good luck

Gary
Old 11-12-2008, 12:01 PM

Default Toron Information

Hi Daryl,

I am actually looking for more information on the TORON also.

Kerry Luckins is my uncle, my father (Garnet Luckins) and I picked the car up from Kerry about 9 months ago, and have started the process of restoration. The engine is currently being rebuilt by Matthew Phillips whilst we collect all the parts required and organise a Certificate of Description as we have as yet, been unable to find the car's original logbook.

We have the Lakeland program which lists the car and necessary information however we are still yet to have a good hunt around for the Rob Roy and Winton programs.

Ive attached a few photos of the car below, not sure where it is, but my old man (Garnet) is walking behind the TORON under the Start line (in black) with Kerry driving...

Feel free to give me a buzz to further discuss if your interested - 0412 778 140 or 'soren@buronorth.com' Unfortunately Kerry's memory is no longer that flash so finding further information is proving a little tricky...

Best,
Soren Luckins

Old 12-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Ron Simmonds

Smile re toron

Soren.
Good to see some photos of Kerry running the Toron at Lakeland Hillclimb. Some of the people in the start line shot are Ted Hudson (chief scrutineer) near the shed , also just behind the Toron is "big" Johnny Cooks (Junior LCCA member) also Andy McIntyer in white with his knee up and on left is Ken Grant and Ian Brown with flat hat both Junior LCCA members.I hope this is of interest to you Soren and good luck with the restro.
PS. are you going to do any thing about the roll bar ? it sure looks to be not high enough ,but I guess we got away with things like that way back then.
All the best Regards Ron Simmonds.
Old 21-12-2008, 09:56 AM

Default Toron Info

Thanks for all that information, very helpful and much appreciated.!.

The key piece of information Im still seeking is a Winton program sometime between 64-69 that would have the Toron listed in the under 1.5l sports car category. If anyone has Winton programs, a photo or scan of the appropriate page, or just confirmation of what year it raced would be very much appreciated...

Thanks in advance.!.