vhrr.com Forums  

Go Back   vhrr.com Forums > Services

Old 15-08-2011, 10:42 PM

Exclamation Winton Accomodation - recommended

Having tried various Benalla hotels/motels for accomodation for the historic Festival Of Speed this year, none of which would provide accomodation for only one night (this was six weeks before the event!), I found a place just up the road in the tranquil town of Glenrowan, which was quite happy to do so for Saturday night - and at way below the daily rates quoted in Benalla!

No more than 10-15 mins (or 10 kms) door-to-door from the circuit and just a few hundred metres from the Hume Highway offramp, the Glenrowan Kelly Country Motel proved to be more than comfortable and sensational value. The friendly welcome from owners Jenny and Mick Wallis was much appreciated too. Benalla is a quick and easy journey along the highway from the motel.

It's always good to deal with businesses which don't behave as though they are doing customers a favour and I will only be staying there for Winton visits from now on. I can highly recommend that you try it too. Trailer parking is available on the property - just let them know that you will need it when booking.

Their website is at www.kellycountrymotel.com/ and contact number is 03 + 5766 2202

Tags
winton accomodation