Club Permit Scheme Red Plates
(Click here for pdf)
To apply for a new permit the procedure is as follows:
1. Obtain from VicRoads a Club Permit Application form
(CPA). This form can be obtained from a VicRoads office or
their website (vicroads.vic.gov.au).
2. Obtain a current Certificate of Roadworthiness (RWC).
3. Once you have obtained the RWC and completed the CPA,
forward those two documents to the VHRR, CPS officer along
with a $5.00 note and two (2) $0.60 cent stamps.
4. The CPS officer will duly sign the CPA and record the
5. The CPA and the RWC will be returned to the applicant
along with the AOMC handbook which covers The Victorian Club
Permit Logbook Scheme.
6. The applicant will then present the CPA and RWC to a
VicRoads office. Do not take your vehicle.
7. Once you have received approval and supplied with your
number plates advised the Club’s officer of the plate number
and expiry date. This can be done over the telephone.
8. It is the policy of the VHRR that when vehicles are
transferred from another Club’s register to that of the
VHRR, a current RWC is sighted.
9. The applicant must have a current membership of the VHRR.
To renew your CPS permit the procedure is as follows:
1. Send the complete renewal notice with a stamped and self-
addressed envelope to the VHRR, CPS officer.
2. Please note: If your renewal has the notation “Not
Required- Sighted on Initial Application Form”. This is a
VicRoads system error. The complete form MUST be signed by
the VHRR. If the renewal is not recorded on the VHRR
register the vehicle will be recordered as non-current and
may be removed.
3. An alternative renewal method is to enclose a cheque or
complete the credit card details. Change the envelope
address to VicRoads. The renewal will then be sent direct to
VicRoads on your behalf.
Please allow plenty of time for this process. It is best to
present the renewal in person.
There is excellent information available on the CPS on the
AOMC web site. Go to Club Permit Scheme – FAQ’s.
The current VHRR, CPS officer is;
5 Handel court
Blackburn Vic. 3130
03- 9878 5272